Professionally Built Home Extensions.Built By Master Craftsmen To Exacting Standards.
Home Extensions Stevenage For The Cheapest And Best.
Contracts Can Be Undertaken On Behalf Of Builders Or Home Improvement Companies Or For Commercial Or Domestic Customers
We Can Supply To Your Own Specification Or Complete Your Project From Start To Finish
Phone Home Extensions Stevenage Free On 0800 8818103
We Are Particularly Pleased To Offer
Special Consideration For Listed Buildings
Double Hung Windows
Timber Windows (Wood Windows)
Home Extensions Stevenage For Any Of The Following
|Anderson Windows|Architectural Window Types | Awning Window |Bathroom Windows | Bay Window |
|Replacement Window | Bay Window Specialists | Bay Windows | Box Bay Windows | Box Sash Windows |
Casement Window Replacement | Casement Windows | Conservatory Specialists | Double Glazing |
French Windows | Glazing repair service | Gliding Window | Hardwood home extensions |
Home Improvements | Hopper window | Insulated Windows | Kitchen Windows | Listed buildings |
New Windows | Old windows Purchased | Painted Windows wanted | Picture window |
PVCu Windows | PVCu Windows | Secondary Glazing | Security Windows | Sliding Window |
Tilt Turn window | Timber Frame | Trade windows | Triple Glazing |
UPVC windows | UPVC WINDOWS | Vinyl | WANTED. Old windows |
Weatherseal Windows | Window manufacturers | Window manufacturers | Window Repair |
Window Types List | Windows hardware | Wood Effect UPVC windows |
Contract Fitting Designer Windows and Specialised Fitting
Bathroom Windows Bedroom Windows.
Window Ideas for Conservatories Kitchens and Utility rooms
Specialised Windows for Retail Premises Pubs and Clubs
FREE PHONE HOME EXTENSIONS STEVENAGE ON
0800 881 8103
HOME EXTENSIONS STEVENAGE
HOME EXTENSIONS STEVENAGE Acknowledge Wikipedia for the following information
The present site of Stevenage lies near a Roman road that ran from Verulamium to Baldock. Some Romano-British remains were discovered during the building of the New Town, and a hoard of 2,000 silver Roman coins was discovered in 1986 during new house building in the Chells Manor part of Stevenage. The most substantial evidence of activity from Roman times are the Six Hills, six tumuli by the side of the old Great North Road - presumably the burial places of a local family. A little to the east of the Roman sites the first Saxon camp was made in a clearing in the woods. This is where the church, manor house and the first village were later built. Similar settlements sprang up in the nearby areas of Chells, Broadwater and Shephall. In the Domesday Book, its Lord of the Manor was the Abbot of Westminster. The settlement had moved down to the Great North Road and in 1281 it was granted a Royal Charter to hold a weekly market and annual fair (still held in the High Street). The earliest part of St Nicholas Church dates from the 12th century, but it was probably a site of worship much earlier. The known list of priests or rectors is relatively complete from 1213. The remains of a medieval moated homestead in Whomerley Wood is an 80 yard square trench almost 5 feet wide in parts. It was probably the home of Ralph de Homle, and both Roman and later pottery has been found there. For a description of the medieval manorial records, and details of Stevenage's history from the Tudor period to the Victorian era - see the external history link. In 1281 Stevenage was granted a twice weekly market and an annual fair. Both were probably held in the wide part of the present High Street to the north of Middle Row. The High Street is closed for an annual fair even today. Around 1500 the Church was much improved, with decorative woodwork within, and with the addition of a clerestory. It was in the 16th century (1558) that Thomas Alleyne, most probably a former monk, founded a free grammar school for boys, Alleyne's Grammar School, which had an unbroken existence (unlike the grammar school in neighbouring Hitchin) till 1989 — the school (now a mixed comprehensive school) still exists on its original site at the north end of the High Street, but is shortly to move to the suburb of Great Ashby. Francis Cammaerts was headmaster of the school from 1952 to 1961. Stevenage's prosperity came in part from the North Road, which was turnpiked in the early 18th century. Many inns in the High Street served the stage coaches, 21 of which passed through Stevenage each day in 1800.